Attorney Arzu ONGUR L.L.M.
ATTORNEY ARZU ONGUR MANAGING PARTNER
ONGUR&PARTNERS INTERNATIONAL LAW FIRM
Arzu ONGUR is the managing partner of ONGUR&PARTNERS International Law Firm. She is a well-recognized lawyer based in Turkey, with expertise in international law, arbitration and litigation. She has wide range of professional work experiences in Turkey and abroad, including Italy, Brussels and New York City. She represented many large-scale local and international clients and government authorities, as well as embassies, before national courts and international arbitrations. Some selected projects and cases where she acted as attorney are provided in the “Selected Cases” section. She has training and legal degrees from Turkey, and Italy. Arzu ONGUR’s focus is on ICC& ICSID Arbitration, Public Procurements and Projects, Energy Oil & Gas Law, Mining Law, Foreign Direct Investments, Privatizations, Litigations, International Contracts, Administrative Law, Defense Industry, Banking Law, Competitions, Defense Industry, Aviation, Transportations, Public Tenders and PPP. She has vast experience in multinational and complex legal disputes.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English (fluent) / Italian (fluent) / Turkish (native)
PHD ON ADMINISTRATIVE LAW &COMPETITION LAW
2005 October-Ankara University Faculty of Law Department of Administrative Law GPA 90/100 Ankara /TURKEY
MASTER ON EUROPEAN UNION STUDIES AND LAW
2006 October- 2007 June European College of Parma, Advanced Diploma on European Studies and Law, (She granted Full Scholarship from Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.) GPA 24/30 Parma/ITALY
MASTER IN DEVELOPMENT INNOVATION AND CHANGE
2004 October-July 2005 Master in Development Innovation and Change Bologna University Alma mater, Faculty of Law. She completed this programme as Erasmus exchange student. GPA 23.3/30 Bologna/ITALY
ANKARA UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF LAW
1996-2000 Ankara University Faculty of Law, Bachelor Degree in Law
SELECTED CASES & PROFILE OF THE CLIENTS
- She provided legal services for a Malaysian Company and represented the Company during implementation and realization of the Project named “KKTC Sea Passage Main Conduction Line Construction”. The project undertook by Malaysian–Turkish Joint Venture and it called as “Centuries’ Project by Republic of Turkey’s President Erdoğan “
- She has been representing the worldwide Spanish Defences & Technology Company for several litigation cases in Turkey as well as international arbitrations before ICC against a leading Turkish Technology and Manufacturing Company. She has been continuing to act as a council of the Company for several litigation cases and providing continuous legal consultation to them since 2009.
- She has been representing a publicly-owned big scale construction companies related to their litigation and ICC cases against Government of Georgia since 2014 (Case value is over 200 Million USD).
- She is the attorney of several multinational Oil & Gas Companies and provides legal services for their investment procedures from A to Z in Turkey. Currently she is representing a Company on a litigation case against Ministry of Energy of Republic of Turkey. (Estimated case value is over 10 Million USD)
- She represented several large scale of JV Italian construction company group in terms of realization of public procurement projects where the clients took over speed railway construction business since 2013.
- She worked as an in house attorney at BOTAŞ, which is a public-owned largest state Oil &Gas Company in Turkey, and provided legal services to them on an ICC case against Republic of Iran.
- She is the attorney of a Turkish-American JV Group for their construction business in Turkey (Construction Project of 1000 house &office building complex).
- She has been providing legal services to many Turkish and international clients related to their litigations and “ad hoc” as well as institutional arbitrations. She has also been deriving legal consultation services to those clients.
- She has been providing legal services to some Embassies in Ankara.
SELECTED TRAINING ACTIVITIES
- Institute for US Law, Alternative Dispute Resolutions and Arbitration Course (July 2010) Washington DC/ USA
- London Bar Council, Understanding UK Legal System, A programme organized by by EU for Attorneys (April 2009-May 2009) London/UK
- European Human Rights Training in ECHR (November 2007) Strasburg /FRANCE
- European University Institute, European Union Law and Human Rights Certificate Program (June 2005-July 2005) Florence/ITALY
- Centro Interfacolta di Linguistica Teorica é Applicata CILTA, Italian Language Course (October 2004-Jan. 2005) Bologna/ ITALY
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND INTERVIEWS
- Presentation: Globalization and Law, Ankara Bar International Congress, January 2016
- Presentation: Oil Market Law in Turkey-A General Overview on Oil Market Law in Turkey, 2011
- Article: Energy Disputes and International Arbitration 2010
- Article : Energy Regulatory Agency’s Decisions and Their juridical Assessments by State Council in Turkey, 2009
- Article : Legal Conditions to Access Real Estate/Property in Turkey ,2009
- Interview: Energy Disputes and International Arbitration Global Energy Magazine June 2009
- Article :International Commercial Contracts and Alterative Dispute Resolutions, 2009
- · Article: How to Invest in Turkey? (An article concerning top 10 Legal questions asked by foreigners during their investment process in Turkey),2008
- Interview: Legal Assessment of the Nabucco Project Global Energy Magazine June 2008
- Interview:Access to the Real Estate by Foreigners Turkish-American Business Association Magazine June 2009
- Translation of European Energy Community Treaty
- Article: A General Overview on Natural Gas Market Law in Turkey,2010